Keep in mind that each 8(a) Application is unique and document
requirements vary for each 8(a) Application. Below is a general
list of items that will need to be included within your
application. Your unique application may require additional items not specified below.
- Current SAM.GOV and SBA DSBS profile print-outs
- A complete copy of your SBA Electronic Application including all Forms (SBA Checklist, Notarization Form, 1010, 1010-IND, 1623, 1790, 413, 4506-T, 912)
- Supporting enclosures to each "Yes" question answered on the SBA forms. Please note. Unique enclosures are required based upon your circumstances.
- 1040 tax returns (last three filing years)
including all schedules, attachments, W-2s, 1099's and proof
of payment for any tax owed for each 8(a) Applicant and anyone
else who owns more than 10% interest in the business or who is
considered a key officer, employee or director.
- Business Federal tax returns including all schedules and
attachments for the last three filing years, or as many as you
have been in business, if less than 3 years.
- Balance Sheet, Income Statement, A/P and A/R aging
statements no older than 30 days old for the current year to date and also for the last
three years. Please note, your financial statements must be
prepared either on an income tax basis or be GAAP compliant.
- A resume for each 8(a) Applicant and any other key officer,
employee, director or 10% or more owner.
- A detailed listing of and copies of current YTD and past federal
and non-federal contracts and invoices for the last two
completed fiscal years
- At least 2-3 letters of reference from current and/or past
- A current certificate of good standing (required for
Corporations and LLC's only)
- Stock certificates/Stock ledger (Corp), Membership
- Articles of Incorporation/Organization/Partnership
- Foreign Organization Filings and associated Certificates of Good Standing (If applicable)
- Articles of Conversion/Buy-Sell Agreements, Voting Agreements (If applicable)
- Bylaws, Operating Agreement or Partnership Agreement
- Stockholder/Board or Member Meeting minutes (organization
and last two years)
- Organization chart
- Proof of US Citizenship (if required)
- Business bank signature cards
- Copies of all business and special licenses
- Copies of any business loan agreements
- A brief history of the business
- A copy of the lease agreement for business. If you operate
out of your home, a letter of explanation to
the SBA along with a copy of the deed or home lease agreement.
- Copy of your current business insurance declaration
- Copies of personal financial statement supporting statements
(e.g.; Checking/Savings, IRAs with terms and conditions, Life Insurance (Cash Surrender only), Stocks/Bonds, Mortgage, Deeds, Fair Market Value for Real Estate, Home Owners
Insurance Policy, Any Other Assets (Boats, RV's, Motorcycle, Other Business Ownership, etc.), Automobile title/Registration and associated loans, Credit Cards, Home equity or any other Loan Agreements (Student, etc.)
Not sure if you qualify for the SBA 8(a) Program?
Just call us at 813-333-5800 to go through our
Interview. If you prefer, you can also setup a convenient time for a free
consultation by selecting the button below:
Request a Free Consultation