The 6 benefits of getting 8(a) Certified
1. You will have access to sole source/non-competitive contracts with a value of:
- $4M and under for all services related contracts
- 6.5M and under for manufacturing related contracts
2. You will have access to competitive set-aside contracts with a value of:
- $4M and over for all services related contracts
- $6.5M and over for manufacturing related contracts
3. You will severely limit your potential competition.
- There are less than 10,000 active 8(a) participants in the entire 8a Program.
- The big-guys (Lockheed Martin, CSC, EDS, Halliburton, etc.) cannot compete for these contracts.
4. It is easier for your federal prospects to buy from you.
- 8(a) contracts require much less paperwork, time and bureaucracy than most other procurement methods.
- 8(a) contracts cannot be protested.
6. 8(a) firms can form Joint Ventures and teams to bid on contracts.
- You will have the ability to perform larger prime contracts and overcome the effects of contract bundling, the combining of two or more contracts together into one large contract. Also through the SBA Mentor Protege Program it will allow your firm to learn the ropes from other more experienced businesses.
Federal Certification Services
View our federal certification service offerings.
Federal Certification Products
View our federal certification product offerings.